Part of the Noordeman system and process on Crankshafts
Noordeman system and process on Crankshafts
- All cranks need to be clean so not to contaminate our crack testing fluid, so if you crank isn’t spotless we may have to acid bath clean your crankshaft.
- We measure all crankshaft main & big end journal, thrust areas and radius, then compare them to the manufacture specs to determine if your crankshaft needs grinding or just linishing.
- We lectro magna flux crack test every crankshaft and we also check for hardness and straightness.
- We inspect all crankshaft noses and key ways.
- All oil seals are inspected for wear and advice on an appropriate course of repair.
- Metal spraying is the best way to repair a crankshaft oil seal area sometimes a Speedi sleeve may do the trick.
- Your crankshaft is ground to manufactures specifications then linished and polished for a fine RA finish.
- We don’t retention counter weight bolts the manual will advise if you need to check or replace.