- All Perkins Engines are shipped with empty oil filters and without oil. OEM must crank the engine sufficiently to fill the oil filter and build oil pressure before starting the engine. Failure to do so could result in damage or failure of the turbocharger bearings due to oil starvation
- Engine 1st start procedure.
- Disconnect FIP ESOS
- Crank engine in 10 second bursts to establish oil pressure.
- Around the 2nd or 3rd 10sec cranking, the circuit should get primed.
- Reconnect the FIP ESOS to start the engine
Notes with regards to process
- Do not crank the engine for more than 30 seconds. If pressure has not been established within this time scale allow the electric starting motor to cool for two minutes before recommencing cranking procedure.
- Cranking the engine to build oil pressure will not damage the turbocharger